I’m just going to go out and say it… finals are awful. I don’t know anyone who actually enjoys finals and if you do… are you from this planet? From the late (and I mean extremely late) nights of studying, to the endless gallons of coffee to drown out the tiredness, FINALS ARE NOT FUN! And for me, being a freshman to finish their first semester of college, I still have many more days of finals. BUT WAIT! I found/use some tips and tricks to study for finals and actually keep your sanity! (what no way how did you find that?) well let me tell ya…
Tips and Tricks for Finals:
- DO NOT study the night before. If you do then you’ve technically already prepared yourself for failing. You want to study more than just a couple of days ahead too because when you have so many finals to study for, you are going to need some time for your brain to absorb everything it needs to.
- DO NOT just memorize words. You need to be able to understand them. One huge tip that I do is that if I am able to explain, in detail, the review sheet for my final, then I am prepared.
- Get as much information as you can. If you don’t have a lot of information, ask your professor or find another student in your class to share notes with.
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! Eat healthy throughout the week and don’t try to survive off of coffee and sugar. Make sure you are getting enough sleep as well. You don’t want to be the student that falls asleep during the final exam.
- Figure out the best way you study. Maybe you study really well with others asking you the questions. Or maybe you study your best when you are alone, listening to music and filling out note cards. Maybe you look online for videos on the topic or maybe even reading your class notes over and over.
- Don’t freak out. The more you freak out, the less you will get done. Just remember that if you work and study hard now, it will pay off later. Nothing comes easy and our society needs to remember that!
So far this week I have seen students study like crazy. And you will need to study a lot don’t get me wrong. But these are just some of the things that I do or that I have found to help!
I hope you enjoy and let me know if you would like me to blog or review about anything specifically!